{{ item_info.title }}

Once Taylor University completed its move to Upland, Reverend George W. Mooney donated money and books to create a library for students. The library in H. Maria Wright Hall was named Mooney Library in his honor, and it remained the campus library until the construction of Ayres-Alumni Memorial Library in 1950. Mooney Library saw massive growth under the leadership of Ivel Guiler, who served as head librarian from 1924 to 1944.