{{ item_info.title }}

On December 20, 1960, nearly a year after the fire that destroyed H. Maria Wright Hall, a wrecking crew uncovered the building's cornerstone. This photo shows President B. Joseph Martin extracting a time capsule from the cornerstone. Inside the capsule was a program for the July 29, 1893 cornerstone laying ceremony, a railroad schedule, advertisements, and a story about Samuel Morris, among other documents. A portion of the time capsule is now kept in the Ringenberg Archives and Special Collections, along with several of the documents found inside.