Write for Growth
Growth is published during the spring each year and solicits manuscripts and or book reviews that fall within content areas that relate to purposes of the journal. Those content areas include Foundations, Leadership and Professional Development, Student Culture, Student Learning and Assessment, Spiritual Formation, Diversity and Global Engagement, and Book Reviews.
All articles should be consistent with the Doctrinal Statement, Article III of the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association for Christians in Student Development. Material in the following categories will be considered for publication:
- Research articles that have relevance to the field of Christian Student Development.
- Theoretical or applied articles that have relevance to the field of Christian Student Development.
- Research, theoretical or applied articles dealing with the integration of faith and learning within the field of Christian Student Development or within the broader field of Christian Higher Education as a whole.
- Reviews of articles in other journals relevant to Christian Student Development.
- Reviews of books relevant to Christian Student Development practice.
- Reactions to current or past journal articles.
Authors submitting a manuscript should:
- Follow the guidelines on format, style, and submission procedure provided in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.).
- Adhere to the following length parameters:
- 10-15 pages for original research articles
- 7-10 pages for applied research articles
- 3-4 pages for book and article reviews
- Avoid submitting manuscripts which have been previously published or that are being considered for publication in other journals. If an article has been rejected by another journal, it may then be submitted to Growth.
- Submit completed manuscripts to Growth Submissions, as follows:
- Send two digital copies in Word format (one with author identification and one without identification for review purposes.)
- Include an abstract of no more than 150 words in a separate file.
- Include, for each author, institutional affiliation and degree(s).
- Include, for submitting author, phone number and email address.
All submitted manuscripts will be promptly acknowledged and processed in a timely fashion. The review process generally requires a minimum of three months, after which authors will be informed of the status of their submissions. Please note submissions may be rejected for failing to adhere to the guidelines above, or authors may be asked to revise and resubmit articles.
Article submissions will be accepted until December 1 for the spring issue. Contact the Growth co-editors with any questions about the review process: